SCRA and Credit Reporting Errors


The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA) provides protection for  active duty military and their families and  also after they return home.

Members may not realize that adverse legal actions or improper reporting on their credit reports have occurred until they need to access credit or some other adverse incident has occurred.

Every service member should pull his or her individual credit report and inspect the negative reporting that occurs on the reports. If in fact there are errors on credit reports, these errors can often be corrected in a matter of a few days.

You can pull a FREE credit report from

or go directly to each website and request your report there:

After you’ve got your reports, use the online dispute process to remove improper credit reports.   If you have problems we offer a free consultation and can assist you  for a nominal fee in correcting the errors.

Carol A. Lawson, Esq., 28870 U.S. Hwy19 #300, Hodusa Towers, Clearwater, FL 33761             Phone: (727) 410-2705;   email: